Sharon


Friday, July 2nd

"We have not come here by chance. I do not believe in chance...I do not see coincidence, I see Providence. I see purpose. I believe it our fate to be here."

This morning, I woke up at 5:30 am to make it to 6:30 am mass at the school. After mass, we helped prepare the room for Sister Mary's friend, Ken, who will now be working at the school. Mass is incorporated into the lives of the students just as much as classes and meals. Later on, we met with Julius to go through each of the files of the students who are not sponsored. Many of these files are incomplete. Finding out more about their backgrounds was very sad. The more difficulties that I find out that they have endured, the more amazed I am at how they are such genuinely warm, motivated individuals. Some of the students live at the school permanently since they do not have any family members to go home to on holidays from school.

The nursery school is right next to the property where Julia and I are staying. The children showered us with hugs and smiles during their recess time. The children in my pictures are from the nursery school. They loved taking pictures and looking at our cameras. The timing of their recess is perfect because it falls at the same time that we take our lunch break so we can stop by to play with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment