Sharon


Sunday, June 20th - Stay Curious

This morning I woke up at 6:00 am to take my first HOT shower in 13 days! Julia and I moved into the small house where the postulants were staying. We promised the Friars that we would make a big French Toast breakfast for everyone. I headed over to the kitchen around 7:15 am for breakfast to be served at 8:00 am. It was a BIG hit among all the novices and priests.

Later, we finished moving our belongings to the house and went to 10:00 am mass. After mass, there was an all day meeting for the members of the Dominican laity in the community. I met some more of the local members of the Church. I did my laundry and read almost all day. I finished my first book and am working on my second one. I was able to call home for Father’s Day. Luckily, Mom, Dad, Christine, and John had receptions from the cabana at the beach.

At dinner, Julia, Father Kevin, and I sat in the living room to eat and reflect so far on our trip. We plan to do this every Sunday. I feel relaxed and refreshed after our low-key day and ready to start a new week. My brain has been like a sponge lately. I’m trying to absorb as much of everything around me as I can. I need to stay curious and keep educating myself both now and when I get back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment