Sharon


Thursday, June 24th -- Running!

Today I woke up at 6:30 am, and I went for a run outside of the compound and through a maize field! This adventurous run was exactly what I needed. Where we are in Kisumu is on the top of a hill so it is a little difficult to breathe while running. The path I took was down the dirt road that is covered in rocks which reminded me of when I ran cross-country in high school. I'm going to incorporate going for more runs into my routine. The weather here is very predictable. From about 7:00 am - 3:00 pm it is usually in the mid 80s to about 90 degrees. Then at around 3:00 or 4:00 pm, it will rain for about an hour. By night time it gets a little cooler.

I showered and had breakfast before going to school. At school, I helped out with the babies!!! I have been getting much closer with some of the older girls. Catherine, the mother of baby Shakira, is sick with malaria. I spent a lot of time in her room making sure she was okay and playing with Shakira. I also was with Marylynne who is Maxine's mother. I really enjoyed helping in this aspect today. The babies are recognizing me more and more each day.

Later on, I helped teach 11th grade English with Madame Jemima. We taught the class about conditional clauses and reviewed on of the books they have been reading. The students here have very good grammar and speak very well in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment